TekNmotion Intruder Gaming Headset by TekNmotion


The TekNMotion Intruder Headset is a really fine phone for a number of applications. I've used them for a couple of months now and they have become my favorite tool for webinars, online meetings and gaming. They have good ambient sound isolation, a rounded warm sound that is good for voice reproduction and the two included mics are accurate and sensitive.

I've liked the nice long cord since it allows me to move around my office and switch from my computer to desktop (the actual original desktop) and I especially like the in-line volume control and microphone mute. This switch is especially handy since the mike is so sensitive that I mute whenever I'm not talking in meetings and I can do so without returning to my screen and using the on-screen mute.

When I first read these headphone's reviews several gamers said that they looked forward to using them as them with their tablets. I was a little amused at this because while I like gaming I'm no crack-head gamer and I thought "you gotta be seriously addicted if your main use of a tablet is to continue gaming whenever away from your home rig!" Well since then I have paired these headphones up with my Kindle Fire and I must say that they are a nice match. I like them for gaming and listening to movies. They have a bias for the kind of sound that drives most games and movies, with a bass heavy vibe that fills FPS games and action movies.
I don't notice much sound leakage so you can listen at solid volume without disturbing others or being disturbed.

Don't get me wrong, these are not studio reference cans and they are not my choice for listening to music since I enjoy quality sound reproduction and have phones for this use. They are way too bottom heavy and have an echo sort of headspace. (Good for games and movies but bad for music, IMO) I have another big gaming headset for my home computer and I find that the sound is similar. These have the advantage of being more portable and I would say that anyone who plans on spending the amount these cost for a single set of phones would be happy with their performance/portability mix.

I've also used these with my phone and they worked fine as a hands-free plug for my cell and I tried them rather than use my blue-tooth earpiece to take calls while driving. Worked great and I could hear very well, but I'm generally turning my phone off while driving or even walking anymore...

These are sort of a niche product if just seen as portable gaming headphones, but I would say that they give as good performance as similarly priced gaming headphones or even similarly price circum-aural audio headphones if you are into their sort of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free