HP TouchSmart 300-1020 20-Inch Black Desktop PC

HP TouchSmart 300-1020 20-Inch Black Desktop PC (Windows 7 Home Premium)
by HP
HP TouchSmart 300-1020 20-Inch Black Desktop PC


I'm not sure why everyone else's reviews are so negative. The machine boots up so quickly--it goes from asleep to functional in 5 seconds. Literally. I haven't played with the touch screen apps a whole lot but this machine does a great job ripping and burning media discs. It has a fast hard drive and optical drive and provides flawless playback of DVD movies. I haven't used the TV tuner yet but my sister has on her computer and loves it. DVR without having to pay a monthly fee! Windows 7 doesn't feel that different from Vista, and regardless of whether you like it or not, this is a great machine. My only real complaint is that the super-thin keyboard has a slightly different layout of the delete key (it's huge!) and it throws an experienced typist off for the first little while. Other than that, an incredible, relatively portable machine for less than a decent laptop. 

The days of people opening up their computers and tinkering with the parts inside have passed. I worked at a laptop repair facility for years and used to be a stalwart opponent of Macs, all-in-ones, and laptops for people who did not need portable computing. Recently, however, I have changed my mind--computers are so cheap and peripherals are advancing so quickly compared to the processors, RAM, etc. that computers have become replaceable as a unit and not cost-effectively serviceable with replacement parts. I bought this computer to replace my "serviceable" home-made unit and absolutely love it. It will get me by for the next 3-5 years, and then I will replace it as a unit instead of trying to "upgrade" it one part at a time. 

The real appeal of this computer, besides its looks, is that there is only one cord--a power cord. It has made my office much more tidy and pleasant to work in. I can move the computer to a different room in the house by unplugging its one cord and carrying it. The touchscreen is just an added bonus. 

Images Gallery:
Ads:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free