Acer AspireRevo AR3700-U3002 Slim and Compact Desktop



Acer AspireRevo AR3700-U3002 Slim and Compact Desktop

The Revo 3700 does a great job at what it is supposed to do: play / stream media files to your HDTV, web surfing, light gaming, and basic pc applications. It is NOT a pc powerhouse but for the price you will not be disappointed if you know its limits. Below is some of the systems details and performance evaluations based on my personal experience. 


PC Performance / design - Overall this is a pretty zippy system all things considered. Start up is relatively quick and opening up basic applications is fast. The included 2 gigs of ram seems to be plenty for the uses the computer is intended for. In comparison to an Atom based netbook I purchased about a year ago the difference in performance is night and day and for the price I couldn't be happier. This thing is tiny and quiet which is great so you can place it virtually anywhere you want. The included wireless keyboard and mouse have worked well from any location in my living room. 

Streaming internet video - Despite what I am reading in other reviews the Revo 3700 DOES stream Netflix and Hulu full screen. The first thing I did when I got the Revo 3700 was remove the bloatware, update the nvidia ion graphics driver, and made sure I had the latest version of flash installed. After that I have had no problems streaming video through a browser. I will say that Hulu will stutter a bit while mousing over a streaming video but that corrects itself immediately as soon as the overlay disappears. Also I have found that currently the Hulu standalone desktop client seems to be subject to slight video stuttering and have found performance to be better in browsers. I expect the next flash update 10.2 will see further optimization to Hulu and other flash based media and the slight stuttering I'm experiencing now will hopefully be gone. As a side note, opening up the task manager has shown the CPU running between 10-15% while streaming. 

Media / network hub: My setup has the Revo 3700 attached to my HDTV and an external hard drive, a printer, and a scanner. The Revo 3700 has no problem playing music, videos, and pictures from the external hard drive. It also works great as hub for transferring files to and from my laptop to the external hard drive, printer, and scanner. 

Images Gallery:






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free