AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition (HDT90ZFBGRBOX)


AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition (HDT90ZFBGRBOX)

by AMD



AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition (HDT90ZFBGRBOX) 
The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition is an excellent processor, love it, just love it. I'm running it now together with the Corsair H70 Hydro (water cooler), and I get around 25-40 degrees Celsius depending on what I'm doing (BOINC, gaming etc.) and when I'm running BOINC, it's constantly running six work units simultaneously all the time, and very fast. On top of that, I can BOINC with my ATI GPU together with the X6 1090T (which means, it runs 6 work units and administers a seventh work unit the GPU is calculating). 

Everything runs flawlessly on this CPU. I've tried it in GNU/Linux (Ubuntu, openSUSE, Linux Mint and Kubuntu), works excellent here as well. Windows XP Professional x86 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 run blazing fast with this processor. I have yet to overclock it though, and I'm probably not going to bother because there's no need for it, and if overclocked, you won't be able to set it on lower CPU-frequencies in Ubuntu (If I remember correctly, the lowest is at 800MHz), and there's really no need to overclock this processor because it's awesome already out of the box. 

It would've been better if it had as much L3 cache size as the Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition (6MB vs 12MB), and also lower nanometer (45nm vs 32nm), but other than that, I have no complaints, and the important thing here is it has six cores at an excellent price and high clock frequency. You simply get more bang for the buck with AMD. 

There's also a new Thuban out (1100T), which is a slight upgrade over the 1090T. I recommend the 1090T though since it's cheaper and you don't get much more performance out of the 1100T since it's pretty much identical aside from a 100MHz increase in clock-frequency and a higher price. 

I'm also looking forward to AMD Fusion.

Image Gallery:


Video Gallery:






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free