MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi)

MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi)
by Motorola
MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi)
I would like to mention that i had to read a lot defore deciding to purchase this tablet, i read the reviews for the Ipad2 and this particular item and i saw that the ipad had this tablet beat in all of the categories [supposedly]. 

I went to an apple store to see the ipad2 in action and it just felyt like a big iphone to be honest, the device was to light and to flimsy for me to consider it a stable machine, i asked the clerk if they had any in stock and he mentioned that they only had floor models and none in stock for sale. You have to make a line outside the store before they open for a change to get one. 

Now im not a super high excecutive, but making customers wait in line for a product feels more like marketing than acctual demand. I read that hardware wise the xoom and ipad2 had almost identical procesor speed, memory and storage (wifi) so i took the plunge and purchased a XOOM from amazon

The device is a little more heavy than the ipad and to me thats good, since i can see the main diference in the screen/touchpad, the XOOM feels more sturdy, more made for a work enviroment where it will get moved arround a lot, someone said that the screen was made from gorillaglass, i dont know that is the case but it does feel more strong. 

I was talking to apple customers and reading apple users say that the apple-appstore is the best thing since sliced bread and that you can get tousands upon thousands of apps. But really i dont need all that crap since this machine will be used for work not enterteinment. I use the built in email client that syncs all of my emails from diferent companies via exchange, pop3 with no problem. I use a few apps that i need, ( Quickoffice, SugarSync, Evernote, amazon kindle reader, and LogMein-Ignition) 

The XOOM feels phenomenal, it does what i want it do do with no problem, i can remote in to my servers with the Logmein-Ignition app for andriod and it works wonders. 

Now fast forward a few days and my boss gets an ipad2 and we sit down and compare. Well guess what ipad2 feels cheap and light, the XOOM has it beat hands down in my opinion, my XOOM feels more like a bussines tool than a toy. I love the XOOM's lower taskbar thingy that is always on, the ipad2 has an all screen approach and my boss had a lot of trouble closing a big spreadsheet, no problems in my XOOM, since you can always go back or to main menu and them close the app thats running wild, no easy way to do this on the ipad2 

My boss wanted to get the ipad going and guess what, he downloaded the same apps i use on my XOOM from the same developers, so much for apples touted super app store. 
The XOOM user interface was done by someone who knew how to make a very user friendly interface, i like it more than the ipads hands down, its excellent for what you can do with it. 

I love the XOOM so much that im going to get my wife one first chance i get. 
I know people say honeycomb is buggy and all that jazz but i have yet to see a problem with my device that i could not easly fix. If you like beign a sheep by all means go apple and worship steve, ipad is a good product, but so is this XOOM and i feel i can have more options in android than in apple. 

Images gallery:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free