250w Motorcycle 2 speakers + FM splash proof remote Shark

Overall this is a good product if you want sounds on a motorcycle. I installed it on a Vstar 1300 with a windshield. This stereo sounds great in my garage, but seems to show some sound issues once I begin to ride. There isn't a lot of bass and the sound is really muffled above 75. But to be fair, it can be heard all the way up to 90mph. If your travelling at 90mph on a cruiser style motorcycle you really shouldn't be worrying about the radio anyway. One issue that I did encounter at any speed was that if the source (phone/mp3 player/ipod) was charging while playing through the amp and speakers there was a fair amount of humming through the speakers. Unplugging the source immediatly cured that. Because I am using a phone for the music/navigation I was able to eliminate the auxilary wire by using a bluetooth device. (Jabra Clipper paired to the phone and plugged into the amp)This also eliminated the humming. Remember this is a $120.00 system, so I can forgive a few drawbacks that I wouldn't have with a $300 system. One last note, if you purchase this and intend on mounting it on your handlebars you have to purchase seperate clips, I believe they are available through the same retailer for about $15.00. I found a way around this by mounting them to my speedo housing, which placed the speakers inside the windshield, which I assume lessons the wind interference. Overall I would recomend these as a bargain system. but again to be fair, I have not tryed any other system, so a $300-$400 system may have the same wind issues and humming. Gooddeals18 was awesome to deal with, answered a question promptly and had the product on my doorstep the day before the delivery window that was set by Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free